Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hamburgers: Part 2


There are a lot of variations on burgers. This time I decided to make my own up, and it is pretty basic, but has a little heat and Mexican flair.
Ingredients:
1lb ground beef (grass fed beef is best)
1/2 minced onion
1/2 tsp chipotle powder
a few dashes of hot sauce (I used Frank's)
a handful of chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp salt
ground pepper
4 slices of cheddar cheese (I used habanero cheddar cheese)
Red onion slices
Lettuce
Ketchup or mayo

Throw all of these ingredients together in a medium bowl, and mix it together; I use my hands.

Form into 4 patties. Rachael Ray suggests that you make the center of patty a little thinner than the outside, to counter act how the burgers swell when you cook them.

My wonderful husband prepared a charcoal grill, nice and hot.
He grilled them for about 3 minutes each side.

Top with the cheese, serve on the onion studded hamburger rolls.


Top with onion and lettuce, ketchup and mayo.


I served these with some oven fries. Delicious! It had a bit of smoky spiciness, and the home made rolls really made it special.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: